In the early 1880's, area Lutheran settlers and their families were conducting worship in the C. & N. W. R. R. Co. Depot in Estelline, in lieu of no established church building. On March 15, 1895, the Constitution was presented to and accepted by the congregation, forming The Estelline Norsk Evangelistk Luthers Menighed. They built a new church and the first serivce was held on Sunday, November 7, 1899. In 1946, The Estelline Norsk Evangelistk Luthers Menighed was renamed Trinity Lutheran Church. The last service to be held in this church was in May 1958.
On May 11, 1958 congregational members marched from the old church to the new church and the first service was held at the South entrance following the march.
In 1973, the congregation voted to put carpeting in the sanctuary and remodel the chancel area to as it looks today.
Truly, God has been with this church for the first 125 years, He is with it today, and he will be with it as Trinity looks to the future.